Knowledge 2 Connect: Managing stress and building resilience for researchers
- For whom
- Feb. 10, 2023, noon - Feb. 10, 2023, 1:30 p.m.
- Online course via Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge Centre for Health Ghent (KCGG)
- Nele Pauwels
- Carmien Brys (advisor well-being KU Leuven)
- Subscribe link
Work stress is a common phenomenon that is associated with decreased work productivity, depressive and anxiety symptoms, and physical ailments. The aim of this Knowledge 2 Connect seminar is to understand how stress impacts our body, mind and performance. You will learn to differentiate normal stress from chronic stress and burnout. While keeping a balanced perspective, we provide keys to lower your stress level and to strengthen your resilience. The session is packed with evidence based information and gives you hands on tips and tricks.
After this seminar, participants will:
- acquire insights in the stress system and its impact
- know the indicators of stress and chronic stress and how to interpret them
- gain insights in how to lower stressors
- learn strategies which will increase their resilience
Guest speaker: Carmien Brys (advisor well-being KU Leuven)