Web of Science
Do you want to explore the features of searching in this multidisciplinary database? Then do not hesitate to enroll.
Learning outcomes of the course
Upon completion of this course, participants will have
- an understanding of which source is most suitable for which research question and goal,
- an understanding of stemming and lemmatization,
- the skills to perform a time-efficient search for (the latest) literature,
- the skills to use this database for a systematic review,
- the skills to efficiently use the unique features of the source in order to enhance retrieval of information
Blended learning (for each of the modules), entirely online
- instruction videos explaining the theory and including demo searches (approximately 1h) will be available at Ufora to watch at their own pace
- an exercise to perform at their own pace (1h)
- unsupervised peer interaction (50 min)
- discussion of the exercise and question and answer session with teacher (1h) + quiz (10 min) at the end of the session
Unsupervised peer interaction (50 min), exactly (same day and time) one week before the session with the teacher.