[HORIZON EUROPE] ERC Starting Grant call 2023 published
The European Research Council (ERC) has launched the call for proposals for its Starting Grants 2023.
Deadline is set on 25 October 2022 (17:00).
- Call for proposals
- Information for applicants
Who can apply?
Researchers of any nationality with 2-7 years of experience since completion of PhD (Extensions are possible under certain circumstances), a scientific track record showing great promise and an excellent research proposal
New for the 2023 Starting and Consolidator Grant Calls is the change of the PhD reference date for the calculation of the eligibility period from the date of the actual award according to the national rules of the country where the degree was awarded to the date of the successful PhD defence.
What proposals are eligible?
- Applications can be made in any field of research. The ERC's grants operate on a 'bottom-up' basis without predetermined priorities.
- Research must be conducted in a public or private research organisation (known as a Host Institution/HI). It could be the HI where the applicant already works, or any other HI located in one of the EU Member States or Associated Countries
- Applications for an ERC grant must be submitted by a single Principal Investigator (PI) in conjunction with and on behalf of their Host Institution, called the applicant legal entity.
Support by the EU Team
- Consult our Sharepointsite EU Proposal Support on ERC
- Contact the EU Team very early, to ensure the most appropriate individual support. There will be continuous follow-up from the EU-team advisors.
- Support for proposals offered by the EU Team:
○ Meeting with EU Team advisor to pitch your idea and learn about the ERC call requirements
○ Support on content of your proposal
○ Administrative and financial support during proposal stage
○ Mock interview for Step 2 candidates
Internal deadline for UGent candidates wishing to receive extra support from our external consultant PNO.
For this call, this deadline for sending your CV and project description is set at 25/08/2022. Please contact the EU Team for the correct template.
After this date, we cannot accept any new candidates for review by the consultant, but support by the EU Team accountmanager can be provided.