Book: can you borrow a book?
As soon as you are registered as a user in the library system, you can borrow books with your student card, personnel card or visitor's card, unless:
- the book has been borrowed by someone else
- the book can only be consulted in the library
How to know if you can borrow a book?
- Go to the catalogue
- Search for the book
- Click the blue button services
- Check the status of the book (Eg. available for loan, on loan, currently unavailable)
What if the book is on loan?
You can reserve a book when it is already borrowed. When the book is returned, it will be kept aside for you. The borrower will not be able to renew.
- Click the button reserve
- Log in
- You can add the number of your cell phone to receive a text message when the book is available for you
- Click the button request
- When the book is available, you will be informed
You can only borrow 10 books at the time from a certain library. At the same time you can borrow another 10 books at another library (there are a few exceptions in some libraries).
Borrowing books is free for AUGent students and staff (Association UGent: Ghent University, Hogeschool Gent, Arteveldehogeschool and Hogeschool West-Vlaanderen).
External visitors can buy a visitor's card at the information desk for €15.
You want to borrow 4 books from 4 different libraries? Via internal Interlibrary Loan ILL you can request to pick them up in 1 library. This is a free service within the UGent network. You need to return the books in the same librray.
You can find all regulations on the library website.
Last modified Aug. 23, 2019, 9:08 a.m.