Book: can I borrow a book?
As soon as you are registered as a user in the library system, you can borrow books with your student card, personnel card or visitor's card, unless:
- the book has been borrowed by someone else
- the book can only be consulted in the library
How to know if I can borrow a book?
- Go to the catalogue
- Search for the book
- Click the blue button Services
- Check the status of the book (Eg. available for loan, on loan, currently unavailable)
What if the book is on loan?
You can reserve a book when it is already borrowed (except for Faculty of Law and Criminology). When the book is returned, it will be kept aside for you. The borrower will not be able to renew.
- Click the button reserve
- Log in
- You can add the number of your cell phone to receive a text message when the book is available for you
- Click the button request
- When the book is available, you will be informed
You can only borrow 10 books at the time from a certain library. At the same time you can borrow another 10 books at another library (there are a few exceptions in some libraries).
Borrowing books is free for AUGent students and staff (Association UGent: Ghent University, Hogeschool Gent, Arteveldehogeschool and Hogeschool West-Vlaanderen).
External visitors can buy a visitor's card at the information desk for €15.
You want to borrow 4 books from 4 different libraries? Via internal Interlibrary Loan ILL you can request to pick them up in 1 library. This is a free service within the UGent network. You need to return the books in the same librray.
You can find all regulations on the library website.
Last modified Aug. 6, 2020, 11:10 a.m.