What is Biblio?
Biblio is both the Academic Bibliography and the institutional repository of UGent:
- Academic Bibliography: overview of publications by UGent researchers.
- Institutional repository (or 'open archive'): an online database with the full texts of UGent publications.
- Biblio combines both.
Why do I have to add my publications …
As soon as you are registered as a user in the library system, you can borrow books with your student card, personnel card or visitor's card, unless:
- the book has been borrowed by someone else
- the book can only be consulted in the library
How to know if I can …
Ghent University holds a very diverse collection of books, journals, theses, heritage material and much more, both in analogue and digital form. The catalogue gives you an overview of what can be found in which library.
How do you use the catalogue to find books?
- Select your language on the …
The standard loan term for students for Ghent University libraries is 4 weeks for students and 8 weeks for staff. The standard loan term may differ from faculty to faculty (see regulations).
You can renew a loan yourself for a maximum of 3 times. You do this by …
You can reserve a book that is already on loan (NB: not at the Faculty of Law and Criminology).
- Go to the catalogue
- Look up the book
- Click on the button Services
- Click on the button Reserve (you find the button under Location)
- Log in and confirm your reservation …
It is possible for researchers and students at UGent to request chapter scans of some of the books via the catalogue (lib.ugent.be). You can find a blue button "Get chapter scan" if a we provide this service on this book.
Here are some tips & tricks to make …
Google Books is a collection of fiction, non-fiction, and scientific works. Google formed the collection via contracts with publishers and by scanning the collections of libraries all across the world.
You can find a part of the collection of Ghent University Library in Google Books. Only print works without copyright …
These tools will help you find literature on the topic of your choice.
You can find over 4.000.000 references for books, serials, images, theses, and databases in the library catalogue of Ghent University. Many of these can be consulted online, from the comfort of your home.
If you cannot …
Do you need to write a text or do you need to find information and you are looking for the right resources?
Step 1: define your subject
- Narrow down your subject on the basis of literature on the subject.
- Explore the subject. You can read a paper of …
Web of Science (WoS): introduction
Web of Science (WoS) is a portal of several scholarly databases. Ghent University has access to:
- Science Citation Index (SCI)
- Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH)
- Emerging Sources …