As soon as you are registered as a user in the library system, you can borrow books with your student card, personnel card or visitor's card, unless:
- the book has been borrowed by someone else
- the book can only be consulted in the library
How to know if I can …
The standard loan term for students for Ghent University libraries is 4 weeks for students and 8 weeks for staff. The standard loan term may differ from faculty to faculty (see regulations).
You can renew a loan yourself for a maximum of 3 times. You do this by …
You can reserve a book that is already on loan (NB: not at the Faculty of Law and Criminology).
- Go to the catalogue
- Look up the book
- Click on the button Services
- Click on the button Reserve (you find the button under Location)
- Log in and confirm your reservation …
Google Books is a collection of fiction, non-fiction, and scientific works. Google formed the collection via contracts with publishers and by scanning the collections of libraries all across the world.
You can find a part of the collection of Ghent University Library in Google Books. Only print works without copyright …
These tools will help you find literature on the topic of your choice.
You can find over 4.000.000 references for books, serials, images, theses, and databases in the library catalogue of Ghent University. Many of these can be consulted online, from the comfort of your home.
If you can't …
Do you need to write a text or do you need to find information and you are looking for the right resources? Follow the step-by-step plan below.
Step 1: define your subject
- Narrow down your subject based on the literature you find.
- Explore the subject. You can read a paper …
Web of Science (WoS): introduction
Web of Science (WoS) is a portal of several scholarly databases. Ghent University has access to:
- Science Citation Index (SCI)
- Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH)
- Emerging Sources …