Article submission for publication
How do you get your article published in a journal? How do you choose the right journal?
How do you select a journal?
|Impact Factor of a journal (IF)||Journal Citation Reports|
|Academic acknowledgment journals and publishers in the sociale sciences and humanities||Vlaams Academisch Bibliografisch Bestand voor de Sociale en Humane Wetenschappen ECOOM-VABB-SHW|
|Open Access journals||Directory of Open Access Journals DOAJ|
|Length of review proces||Scirev|
|Reliability of a journal||Think Check Submit|
|Transparency on Editorial information, Peer review, Governance and Workflow||Quality Open Access Market Qoam|
Twelve tips for getting your manuscript published1
- (1) plan early to get it out the door;
- (2) address authorship and writing group expectations up front;
- (3) maintain control of the writing;
- (4) ensure complete reporting;
- (5) use electronic reference management software;
- (6) polish carefully before they submit;
- (7) select the right journal;
- and (8) follow journal instructions precisely.
Rejection after the first submission is likely, and when this occurs authors should
- (9) get it back out the door quickly,
- but first (10) take seriously all reviewer and editor suggestions.
Finally, when the invitation comes to revise and resubmit, authors should
- (11) respond carefully to every reviewer suggestion, even if they disagree,
- and (12) get input from others as they revise. The author also shares detailed suggestions on the creation of effective tables and figures, and on how to respond to reviewer critiques.
Last modified June 16, 2020, 1:29 p.m.