Article submission for publication
How do you get your article published in a journal? How do you choose the right journal?
The Knowledge Center for Health Ghent (KCGG) lists several tips on getting published for the medical sciences. Here's a selection of generally applicable tips.
How do you select a journal?
|Academic acknowledgment journals and publishers in the sociale sciences and humanities||Vlaams Academisch Bibliografisch Bestand voor de Sociale en Humane Wetenschappen (VABB-SHW)|
|Open Access journals||Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)|
|Length of review proces||Scirev|
|Reliability of a journal||Think Check Submit|
|Transparency on Editorial information, Peer review, Governance and Workflow||Quality Open Access Market (Qoam)|
Tips for getting your manuscript published1
- Plan early to get it out the door;
- Address authorship and writing group expectations up front;
- Maintain control of the writing;
- Ensure complete reporting;
- Use electronic reference management software;
- Polish carefully before yousubmit;
- Select the right journal;
- Follow journal instructions precisely.
Rejection after the first submission is likely, and when this occurs you should
- Take all reviewer and editor suggestions seriously;
- Get it back out the door quickly.
Finally, when the invitation comes to revise and resubmit, you should
- Respond carefully to every reviewer suggestion, even if they disagree;
- Get input from others as you revise. You also share detailed suggestions on the creation of effective tables and figures, and on how to respond to reviewer critiques.
Last modified June 7, 2022, 4:47 p.m.