Mendeley: how can you cite while you write?
There are many advantages to citing while you are writing (as opposed to adding all the references after you've finished your paper).
- You will be less likely to forget to cite sources (so a lower chance to accidentally plagiarise).
- You will remember where to put the sources.
- It is also easier to find the sources when you are writing than weeks or months after you've written that particular part of your paper.
- Reference software like Mendeley also makes it easier to adjust the citation style or to edit references.
In the video below we explore
- how you can insert references,
- how you can create a reference list,
- how to edit the references and change their citation style.
(You might need to log in to your Microsoft Stream account to view the video.)
Last modified Aug. 18, 2021, 2:30 p.m.