FWO: which reporting requirements are applicable to research output of FWO projects?
The FWO requires all information on research results to be submitted to the FRIS research portal if these results originate from a project that is at least partially funded with FWO resources. This means that each fellow and (co-)promotor involved in an FWO project is responsible for entering the correct and complete metadata of the research results in the information systems of their institution(s). Researchers should not only enter the required information, but also make the links (or validate the links) between their research results and related research projects. At Ghent University, fulfilling this requirement is supported through GISMO and Biblio. From these institutional systems, the required data will then flow through to FRIS.
The FWO requires the submission of information on three types of research results: 1) peer-reviewed journal articles, 2) datasets and 3) research infrastructure. The FWO asks its researchers to update the information in the institution's own systems and repositories on a regular basis.
- All projects funded by the FWO at Ghent University are registered centrally in GISMO. This includes fellowships! You therefore do not have to do anything yourself for this to happen.
- The promotor/fellow receives an email from the Research Department (Funding Unit Flemish-federal) that the project and the grant have been created, with a direct link to the project form in GISMO. This project form must be checked and any missing metadata must be completed. Required metadata are: Dutch title and abstract, English title and abstract, discipline code level 4, min. one Dutch and one English keyword. > more on the project form
- The same email also contains a reference to the personal profile. A complete personal profile is obligatory, i.e. an ORCID-id linked to Ghent University and a discipline code level 4. > more on the personal profile
- If these files are not complete, the project will not be shown in the research explorer, or will be forwarded to FRIS! > more on how GISMO feeds into FRIS
- From now on, the project is also available for Biblio and can be linked to publications and/or datasets. And this is what FWO is now expecting from its researchers: do not forget to connect your outputs to your project! > More about linking research output in Biblio
- More about linking datasets to publications in Biblio
Last modified Dec. 21, 2022, 4:59 p.m.