EndNote: how do you share your library?
You can share (parts of) your EndNote desktop library with up to 99 colleagues or peers.
Back up your library
- First, you need to back up your library.
Make an online EndNote account
- Make an online EndNote account by registering here
- Use your UGent e-mail account so EndNote recognises you as a UGent member. You will get a confirmation e-mail with a password
Sync your libraries
Now that you have an account, synchronise your EndNote desktop with your EndNote online.
- Open EndNote via Athena
- Click Tools > Sync ; or click the icon of the two arrows in a circle
Share your library
- Open the library you want to share on EndNote desktop
- Click File > Share ; or click the icon of the person with a plus
- If this is your first time sharing an EndNote library, a pop-up window asks you for your (UGent) e-mail address and password (from the confirmation mail)
- Enter the e-mail addresses with which you want to share your library. Select whether you want to give them read-only or read-and-write rights.
At the bottom of the pop-up window, you can see with how many people you've already shared references.
Last modified Aug. 1, 2019, 11:07 a.m.