Google Scholar: introduction
Google Scholar is Google's sibling, but for academic sources. The video below is an excerpt from a tutorial and shows you how you can use the basic features of Google Scholar, such as:
- When should I use Google Scholar?
- How do I access Google Scholar?
- How can I get to …
For copyright reasons, most electronic resources (databases and journals) can only be consulted within the UGent network. In the library catalogue they have an indication "UGent only". You don't have to be on campus to be able to access these resources.
Off-campus access is easy through Athena. Just open …
Scopus is an interdisciplinary bibliographical database. The video below is an excerpt from a tutorial and explains some of the basic features, such as:
- How do I access Scopus?
- How do I use the basic search feature in Scopus?
- How do I sort and filter my search results?
- How do …
SFX is a button that tries to bring you to an online full text article, based on the bibliographical information you entered. If an online full text is not available, it will offer you different options, for instance where you can find a print version, or how to request it …
Web of Science (WoS): introduction
Web of Science (WoS) is a portal of several scholarly databases. Ghent University has access to:
- Science Citation Index (SCI)
- Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH)
- Emerging Sources …